Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Home Strait

Halfway round the Fir Cone Shawl edging. I ended up doing 24 pattern repeats because of the shading on the last ball of the 4 that I had, it was slightly more orange!

Close Up.

For my sins I have now signed up for the Mystery Stole Knitalong. Not sure I'll keep up but if I start I will finish, also not confident the beads will get included.

Toe up socks have passed the heel, I now know I don't like short row heels but once I've conquered the toe start I can use patterns that have proper heel flaps. The holes aren't quite as bad as I have photographed but it was the third attempt and they are for me! Life's too short to try it 4 times on one pair.

Off to book my ticket for Alexandra Palace Knitting and Stitching Show and hopefully Kerrie's knitted flowers class. Anyone else going?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm signed up for MysteryStole3 too! I'm going to throw all caution to the wind and knit with Black yarn - not sure about the beads - maybe go for Swarovski crystals.
Secret Santa - aka Nikki

gilraen said...

I've signed up for MS3 too. Zephyr in Vanilla and I've ordered a few beads to see what is best. I too hope I can keep up. :)

The Fir Cone Shawl is looking good. :D

Short row heels??

natalie said...

I have almost given up on Short Row Heels... the only thing that keeps me trying to do it is that I'm stubborn, stubborn, stubborn.

Piglottie said...

Short row heels - pah! I am on my third attempt today (after some tinking!) but am armed with some new instructions. As they are for a gift, I want them to be as hole free as possible. I like the toe part but not the heels.

The yarn you are using is gorgeous btw!

Sussex Yorkie said...

I am in total agreement with both your feelings on Short Row Heels, can't wait to finish these. Incidentally I hate rib aswell, glutton for punishment or what!