Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It won't last

What won't? Me updating this blog on a regular basis, I'm back in the office tomorrow.

So apart from working from home today I managed a few rows of my first attempt at socks on 2 circular needles. They have their moments but overall I think it is much quicker and easier to control than 4 double pointed pins. I started these socks, in Yarn Yard Goth Pink, on Boxing day along with a pair of Rib/Cable ones from a pattern sent out with the November Posh Yarn Sock Club yarn. The plain ones on circulars have been very quick but I think my Brittanys will remain for the time being for any patterned socks I try.



I was almost tempted to join the sockamonth knitalong but thought I wouldn't last the course, not that I haven't got enough wool. Working on the current production rate I may even knit more but I'm not holding my breath, I am sure socks may be overtaken by other projects during the year.
Finally, my knitting bag. As a bagaholic I knew that a lovely chocolate brown leather bag was just the thing for a sock knitter about town. Well any excuse for another bag, this one was from Boden last winter.



Contents include yarns already mentioned and some Cherry Tree Hill in Serengeti for the Monkey socks in Knitty, Bushcraft from the Yarn Yard and the dreaded moss stitch cushion cover that just gets moved from bag to bag.

No comments: