Friday, September 14, 2007

Merino Tencel

The Seduction socks are almost complete. These pictures actually show the colour as it is, it has proved very difficult getting a tru representation.
The pattern has been very easy to pick up. The yarn has a lovely sheen and is very soft on the hands. I think it would be more suited to 2.5mm needles or less to improve its lifespan but these socks are supposed to be for lounging in, not that I know anyone who does that.
My main problem is the last few socks I have knit have been Yarn Yard Merino or Posh Yarn Emily which are much thicker than the Merino Tencel. Overall I think its the sort of yarn for a treat as it looks and feels silky.

Now onto another of my pastimes that gets neglected, until there is some urgency.
This is a pending event so I had to get moving.

Tomorrow I am going craft shopping, although I don't need anything......much.

Happy Weekend.

P.S. I appear to have lost my stashalong counter, it wasn't anything to do with me. Honest. Does that mean its over?

3 comments:

Piglottie said...

Must be the Yarn Fairies telling you the stashalong is over :) Thanks for the info on teh Merino Tencel. The colours is gorgeous (I have probs capturing pinks/purples). And your card is cool - love the colours you've used.

Probably Jane said...

Those socks look like the perfect excuse for lounging to me - very pretty!

natalie said...

Scrumptious socks.
And useful info about the needle size too, thank you.
n